Extension of e-Tourist visa facility to 150 countries by Modi government- Great Boost to Tourism
It has been a Huge boost to tourism and numbers boast of this great achievement. Extension of e-Tourist visa facility to 150 countries by Modi government has resulted in 273.9 % growth in tourist arrivals during January-June 2016 over the corresponding period of 2015.
Extension of e-Tourist Visa scheme to 36 more countries
So now happy with results government now plans to extend Extension of e-Tourist Visa scheme to 36 more countries such as Iran, Egypt, Qatar, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Maldives, Italy, Nigeria, Turkey, Ethiopia, Kazakhstan and Morocco.
Already new 37 countries were included in e-Tourist Visa scheme in Feb 2016, those countries were Albania, Austria, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Botswana, Brunei, Bulgaria, Cape Verde, Comoros, Cote d’lvoire, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Eritrea, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Greece, Guinea, Iceland, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Moldova, Namibia, Romania, San Marino, Senegal, Serbia, Slovakia, South Africa, Swaziland, Switzerland, Tajikistan, Trinidad & Tobago, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Government of India had launched the e-TV facility on November 27, 2014. Till now the scheme has been extended to 150 countries at sixteen Indian airports designated for providing e-Tourist visa service. Since the launch of the scheme more than 7.50 lakh Visas have been issued under the scheme. At present on an average 3,500 e-Tourist Visas are being granted daily to foreign nationals.(Data as per 25 Feb 2016).
What is e-TOURIST VISA (eTV)
Services of e-Tourist Visa involves completely online application for which no facilitation is required by any intermediary / agents etc. It is advised not to believe or fall in trap of any such unscrupulous elements. For any clarification or doubt may contact to firstname.lastname@example.org
Eligibility for e-TOURIST VISA (eTV)
- International Travellers whose sole objective of visiting India is recreation , sight seeing , casual visit to meet friends or relatives, short duration medical treatment or casual business visit.
- Passport should have at least six months validity from the date of arrival in India. The passport should have at least two blank pages for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
- International Travellers should have return ticket or onward journey ticket,with sufficient money to spend during his/her stay in India.
- International Travellers having Pakistani Passport or Pakistani origin may please apply for regular Visa at Indian Mission.
- Not available to Diplomatic/Official Passport Holders.
- Not available to individuals endorsed on parent’s / spouse’s passport i.e. each individual should have a separate passport. e-Tourist Visa will be granted only against valid passports.
- Not available to International Travel Document Holders.
Process Involved in Obtaining E-Visa / How to Get E-Visa
1.Apply Online-Upload Photo and Passport Page
2.Pay Visa Fee Online-Using Credit / Debit card
3. Receieve eTV online-eTV Will be sent to your e-mail