(Updated) Major Pokémon GO Update version 0.31.0 for Android & 1.1.0 for iOS- issues ( resets progress in game)
Pokémon GO has been updated to version 0.31.0 for Android and 1.1.0 for iOS. This update is meant to make the Viral game more intersting and harder to find actual Pokemon as it has Removed footprints of nearby Pokémon. Avatars can now be re-customized from the Trainer profile screen. This update has adressed several bugs and issues such as memory.
Below are some of the release notes from this Pokémon GO update:
– Avatars can now be re-customized from the Trainer profile screen
– Adjusted battle move damage values for some Pokémon
– Refined certain Gym animations
– Improved memory issues
– Removed footprints of nearby Pokémon
– Modified battle damage calculation
– Various bug fixes during wild Pokémon encounter
– Updates to the Pokémon details screen
– Updated achievement medal images
– Fixed issues with displaying certain map features
– Minor text fixes
Pokémon Go update: Downloading latest version resets progress in game- Reports
But it is been reported that new Pokémon Go update has removed the game’s step counter, some players are suffering from a glitch that takes their avatar back to level one.
Hundreds of angry fans took to Twitter and Facebook to vent their frustration after the latest and biggest update left them back at square one. Source
Reactions at Facebook
“This feature is bugged. Let’s just remove the entire feature!” – NianticLabs, 2016.
Thanks Niantic, for removing the best most enjoyable feature of your game. Literally have no reason whatsoever to explore new areas and hunt Pokemon since it’s now just a random hope to get lucky and have a good Pokemon spawn! Been a major supporter of this game since day 1 but this seriously ruins a big part of the enjoyment for me.
“You’ve failed on so many levels with this update…
“The radar was meant to be the most important part of Pokemon Go gameplay to help trainers find pokemon nearby.
Why did you remove it instead of fixing it ? There is no fun walking blindly around your location to hope for a pokemon on the “radar” to appear on the map.
This won’t be as entertaining anymore unless you do something about this…
Reactions at Twitter
@TeamMysticTX @Pokemongoiowa So, they made it uglier? Are they trying to get people to quit? No battery saver, no tracking, worse images.
— Ginormous76 (@Ginormous76) July 31, 2016
This Pokemon Go update is getting wierdddd man pic.twitter.com/ZN3qyzBsqg
— Pokémon GO (@CatchEmAlI) July 31, 2016
Pokemon Go Official explanation on changes, updates & World-Wide Criticism
As many of you know, we recently made some changes to Pokémon GO.
– We have removed the ‘3-step’ display in order to improve upon the underlying design. The original feature, although enjoyed by many, was also confusing and did not meet our underlying product goals. We will keep you posted as we strive to improve this feature.
– We have limited access by third-party services which were interfering with our ability to maintain quality of service for our users and to bring Pokémon GO to users around the world. The large number of users has made the roll-out of Pokémon GO around the world an… interesting… challenge. And we aren’t done yet! Yes, Brazil, we want to bring the game to you (and many other countries where it is not yet available).
We have read your posts and emails and we hear the frustration from folks in places where we haven’t launched yet, and from those of you who miss these features. We want you to know that we have been working crazy hours to keep the game running as we continue to launch globally. If you haven’t heard us Tweeting much it’s because we’ve been heads down working on the game. But we’ll do our best going forward to keep you posted on what’s going on.
Be safe, be nice to your fellow trainers, and keep on exploring.
The Pokémon GO team
The Latest Buzz Pokemon Go game is touted to be revolutionary gaming APK. But not in India, as it is still not available to download and install in many regions like India and others, officially.