Hartalika Teej 2017 in India will be celebrated on Thursday, 24 August. Get all the info about auspicious date and time for Hartalika Teej puja and festivities in year 2017 in this post. Hartalika Teej is a Hindu Festival observed by Hindu women. It is dedicated to Goddess Parvati.
Hartalika Teej 2017: What Is Hartalika Teej?
Hartalika is the amalgamation of two words ‘Harat’ and ‘Alika’, while Teej means the third day. Therefore, Hartalika Teej is celebrated on the third day of Shukla Paksha (bright fortnight) in the Hindu month of Bhadrapada. The day of Hartalika Teej is popular in the states of Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, and Maharashtra. Hartalika Teej is observed by both, married women and maidens. It is celebrated in the honor of the divine bond between Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati.
Yes, we will definitely discuss the significance of the word ‘Hartalika’, but before knowing it in detail, let’s take a look at the date of Hartalika Teej in 2017.
Hartalika Teej 2017 Date and Timing
|Hartalika Teej||Thursday||August 24||Tritya||Amavasya|
Hartalika Teej vrat vidhi | Hartalika Teej | hartalika teej puja vidhi in hindi | हरतालिका तीज व्रत पूजा विधि | Hartalika Teej 2017 Vrat Katha
- On the day of Hartalika Teej, women get up early in the morning and take a holy bath, meant to purify their souls.
- Concluding this, they dress up elegantly in special attires (mostly Saris) and jewelry, and visit temples on Hartalika Teej.
- Women observe a Nirjala fast (even water is not consumed during this fast) on this day. This is also popular as Hartalika Teej Vrat.
- After conducting rituals at a temple, women return home and touch their husbands’ feet (In India, husbands are considered to be equivalent to god for women).
- Before sunset, bath is once again taken by women and they get dressed as newly-wed brides.
- Then, the worshiping rituals resume. Devi Parvati and Lord Shiva idols made of sand and clay are placed at Puja Sthan (worshiping place).
- Offerings of Bilwa leaves, flowers, incense sticks are made to the deities. This is followed by a meditative practice done in the honor of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati.
- At the end, Hartalika Teej Vrat is recited by the devotees. We will discuss about Hartalika Teej Vrat in more details in the next section.
- Hartalika Teej Vrat is terminated the next day morning, when a devotee completes all the worshiping rituals. Mantras like Shanti Mantra and Shama Mantra are recited on the day that succeeds Hartalika Teej.